11. 2906 O Street

2906 O Street
Photo by Bob Rives

The Community House

“Originally purchased by Abigail and Elsey Sides in 1847, this home is the only surviving example of British Cottage architecture in the District.  Both Sides sisters were manumitted in the will of their owner, John Barnes.  By 1865, the house was purchased by Moses Zachariah Booth, a local policeman and Georgetown community leader who helped establish Epiphany Church.  The house was restored in the 1980 and was purchased by Mount Zion Church to serve as a community center and archive of the early Georgetown African-American community.”