Mount Zion Parsonage
Mt. Zion UMC congregation decided to construct a home for its pastors. A lot at 29th and O Streets (Lot 815, Square 1241) was purchased for $1,900 and a fund- raising and planning committee called the Parsonage Building Society, headed by Rachel Hawkins, was formed. The building and its furnishings costs $3,100. The home at 2902 O Street opened on April 12, 1897 for Reverend E. V. Peck and his family. Valued at $5,000 in 1903, the property was clear of debt by October the same year. With several renovations, it has been the residence of all succeeding ministers.