Blue Mouse Theatre
The Blue Mouse Theatre was located at 2819 (renumbered) 26th Street, a site today that is adjacent to Francis Field and directly behind the Embassy of the State of Qatar. When the theater opened its doors in 1910, it served the African American population of the West End of Washington City and Georgetown. Originally hosting Vaudeville performances, it was later converted into a motion picture house. The theater was renovated and reopened on February 13, 1932 as the Mott Theater (named for the abolitionist Lucretia Mott). As late as 1954, the theater was leased for plays and other entertainment events.
(Source: Friends of Francis Field)