14. 2600 P Street

2600 P Street, NW
Photo by Bob Rives

Jerusalem Baptist Church

In 1870, as the number of Baptists increased in Georgetown, Reverend Sandy Alexander of the First Baptist Church helped found a sister church, Seventh Baptist. In 1903, the present red brick building with two magnificent stained glass windows facing P Street was completed and the church was renamed Jerusalem Baptist.

(Source: National Park Service)